Saturday, January 10, 2009

Holidays.

After nearly half year, I got chance to visit my home. Many holidays I had. But this time its different. Different becoz I am no longer a student, but an employee. It makes me proud that I am alredy living my life. Unlike all other times, this time I go home with no burden(no books for study, though I carried novels), fully relieved, satisfied. I worked. I earned. Now I am taking leave. I alredy bought a new mobile for my bro.. am going to buy stuff for my other bro when I go home.. and will buy saree for mom and something for dad. Too good. I left Bangy on Christmas eve. Long train journeys are not new to me. So though I was alone, I did not get bored. I was reading Eragon- first book. Also had second book with me. I knew, even if all my other holiday plans are doomed, I am saved. Train reached vizag. My two brothers, my cousin were at station. Said byes to my journey mate Arya and left for the room my brothers are stayin at. I found it pleasantly surprising that the bus fares are very reasonable and importantly reasonably less compared to Bangalore. I am sure I mentioned the same more than five times to my thammudu. I hate conductors' attitude in BMTC buses where they take three rupees for nothing. They dont give ticket for that and he gives u a gr8 look that hez saving your money! I got a saree for my mom at CMR. It took nearly half an hour. Was asking my mom which color she wanted, whichever color I say, she says she alredy has it. I asked my akka (my colleague, I fondly call her akka, she granted her help for this herculean task at my repeated requests) to tag along. So atlast we found a saree and then got a cottons shirt for my dad. My brother was happy with that mobile. Well.. not really, he wanted slide piece. When I went home.. I knew.. Everyone wanted a gift. I told this and that. And well.. everything was great. I relaxed. I know I never relaxed that much. Not in any holidays. I never went outside. I was reading novel. Eating all foods. Sweets. Thinking of new years Eve. How will I spend it? I knew I have to escape my house. Lucky. I managed tickets for a dance show through my uncle. I left for vizag on 31st evening. Reached my bros room, had dinner, went to the programme. I could see my brother dancing, shouting. Ths excitement wasnt new to me. We had college fests. But they never had. not the kind of ones we had at kgp. But this show.. it is one of that kind. Gurajada audi was full of crowd. Dancing.. whistling.. clapping. I was part of it. The next morng I am bac to home. Next day I went for DL test. Went smooth. Something useful done in holidays. Last day.. said byes.. did one thing I always wanted to.. got my parents into room.. valla kallaki namaskarincha.. then got onto bike. on the way to station, got a call. I left mobile charger at house. ooops! Managed to arrive minutes before train came.d In vizag, akka joine me. was eating all along the journey. She got lots of eatables with her, I tooo..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmmm a pleasant si off frm wrk ha... gud 2 c u happy :)

The Phoenix said...

thnku :)